ALL BODY TYPES ARE WELCOME
Like plants, we come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, we are made up of cells, and we need energy to thrive!
We react to light, water, and life’s storms too. Yoga nourishes us: it strenghtens the body and make it more supple, and it also teaches self-acceptance and gratitude.
My classes are secular (people of all religions and none are welcome) and I share three main elements:
- pranayama (breathing exercises)
- asana (yoga poses) for strength and balance.
- deep relaxation to finish.
STRESS AND SITTING
Some people are sitting all day at work and many of my regulars find that yoga helps with lower back pain and general stiffness.
When it comes to sitting still for breathing exercises (pranayama) people with stiff hips or knee issues can use a chair for comfort if necessary.
YOGA IS FOR
- Busy people who want to move from stiff to feeling fitter, from frazzled to calm.
- Anyone who wants to slow down the never-ending thoughts and support their wellbeing.
- People in bodies of every shape and size.
- Women in perimenopause (I took extra teacher training specifically for yoga during the stages of menopause last Winter).
- Anyone who would like better sleep and to relax fully (while awake!). Yoga is proven to improve heart, bone, and brain health.